Entry #3
What in the world is going on? One minute my love Othello and I are about to make sweet body artwork then out of nowhere he’s drawn from the room by an alarming noise. How are we ever going to consummate our marriage when we’re steady interrupted. Well I guess this is the life of a general’s wife; I can’t be the center of attention in Othello’s life all the time. Now getting back to that alarming noise. What could this be about? Othello has just taken Cassio’s position as lieutenant, Montano is injured, and everyone have these confused looks on their faces. WHAT’S GOING ON!!!!!!! If I am a wife of a general then I should be treated as the wife of a general. Whatever Othello is informed of I should be as well. Not because I’m noisy but, because it involve my husband’s life and to be quit honest it involves mines as well.
To be quite simple the main job of a wife is to keep her husband happy. And, what makes him more than happy is his wife staying out of his business. He knows his place as a man and feels that she should know hers as a woman. Not saying that I entirely agree with this way of thinking because I totally understand where you’re coming from, but what more could we do besides anger them by asking questions. As you can see I have come to understand and accept this role as a wife. The reason for it is because I’ve had my share with these situations. It was once a time where I felt the need to always ask Iago about his talks with Othello, what was on in his mind, what was he thinking about, where was he going etc. until I grew tired of his heartless responses. Trust me if Othello wants you to know what’s going on in his life, he’ll tell you.
ReplyDelete-Emilia