Sunday, June 5, 2011

End of Act 2


Zounds! Who dares to spoil the night’s cool air with the sounds of debauchery? If it be survivors of the Turkish fleet, what ho! Pain and punishment rival that of Jove lies away for them. Aye, I wish it were not so, but my own lieutenant Cassio and Montano, causes this ruckus that usurped upon Desdemona’s slumber and mine. Hark, to the heavens above, the one who caused this brawl will woe his birth, and henceforth lose his title immediately, all love I have discarded, and rank stripped, so shall this man reap for what he has undoubtfully sown. Noblest Iago, most honest Iago will tell me the story, of how this “squabble” came to be. A fine spit in the face as Iago reveals all. Cassio, a man of my own heart chasing a commoner with a sword? If not to add insult to injury, this was done so while under my command, a job well done from my “trusted” lieutenant. Sure I am there is due cause for his action, I must show no levity; Michael Cassio shall no longer be an officer of mine. Here cometh Desdemona, I must return to my bedding, though not ill at heart, for noble, most honest Iago will take watch.
                                                                                                                            -Othello 

No comments:

Post a Comment