When it’s all said and done, my plan to ruin Othello’s life is done. My wife is a fool and if had I not be captured her life would have been mine. Regardless, Cassio should have died so I didn’t fully accomplish what I initially wanted. They say that misery loves company and even though I will be tortured and beat, Othello will be miserable with me and be right along with me in spirit. I never told why I did it, but let me let you in on a little secret. My original plan wasn’t for death; it was just to see Othello be miserable. I can honestly say that all of the other Unfortunate Events just came as a bonus. He slept with my wife and ended up killing his own. Maybe now if he goes back, he would pick me over that Cassio without a second thought. Or maybe that’s the reason that he never picked me in the first place. Because of my evil ways and the fact that I betrayed him. But all’s fair in love and war, or is it?
Blog 8
ReplyDeleteWell Iago you finally did it, you ruined my life, influenced me to kill my wife and initially made me kill myself. You ruined me sir Iago, so now what. You still have your miserable life awaits you and now you will be tortured while me, my beautiful wife, Emilia and Roderigo will rest peacefully in Heaven. All good men make mistakes, and I was wrong for taking away Cassio’s lieutenant rank. See, but from this day forward he will live and be known throughout as a hero. While you, my friend will be acknowledged and known as the man who destroyed and took many lives. I understand that misery loves company but I will not be with you when you are being tortured and beaten. Iago you fool, I never slept with your wife, and although you may still not believe me, remember that you should never act off of what you think. I made that mistake and may god forgive me for it. The reason why I never picked you to be Lieutenant Iago was because I wanted to give Cassio a chance, but the fact that you could betray me so easily is just god’s way of showing me that you weren’t deserving of the position. I will never wish hatred upon another man and may you learn that lesson with time. God be with you my friend.
-Othello