Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I can't sleep

Entry #7

I know I’m supposed to be sleep during this part of the play, but I just can’t. As I lay here in this lonely bed I can only imagine how my life will turn out if I don’t patch things up with Othello; lonely and heartbroken. I can’t help but look around this lifeless room without constantly being reminded by Othello’s viewing of me. He sees me as a WHORE, how awful. This thought seems to have a way of creeping back in to my confused head. Out of all the things I could be worried about, this one makes the top of my list all the time. I figure if I do exactly what he asks of me than, everything will go back to normal with us. Won’t it? Will things ever go back to how they were? Will he look at me once more as a faithful wife or only see me as a conniving streetwalker. What will be of me in his eyes? I guess tonight is the night that will decide my future with Othello. All I can do now is wait for my dear love to return to me.

1 comment:

  1. Desdemona, don’t beat yourself up about this. Look at you all hopeless and confused. It’s amazing how you see no wrong in Othello’s actions. Othello had no right striking you. You do not deserve this abusive treatment. No woman does. I just hate hearing you say that you deserved it and how Othello is just upset. STOP THINKING THIS WAY!! He’s in the wrong point blank period. If you ask me I think things will never go back to how they where. This is the beginning of a terrible nightmare with the Devil. It’s getting to the point where you won’t have a choice but to do what he says. Your say so in situations are over with. Now its do what he says or get knocked around. For your sake keep your mouth shut and your nose in your business. You have enough on your plate. Now get some sleep Desdemona.

    -Emilia

    ReplyDelete